Sunday, May 23, 2010

Marinara Sauce

Marinara sauce is an Italian, meatless, red sauce. This recipe is for a single batch, but when I make it, I usually double or triple the recipe so I have enough to freeze. Freezing makes it easy to pull out anytime I need it. I use it on pizza, pasta, or for a dipping sauce.

You don't have to have fresh herbs for this recipe, but if you would like to create an herb garden it is very easy and fun to do.


Ingredients:

1 can of crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
3-5 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
1 celery stick
1/4 cup green pepper (finely chopped)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 T parsley
1 T basil
1/2 tsp fennel
pinch of thyme
pinch or oregano
3 T brown sugar
1/3 cup parmesan cheese

1. Saute the onion, garlic, celery, and green pepper in the olive oil approx 25 min.
2. combine with the rest of the ingredients and cook another 30 min or so.

1 comment:

  1. Very good article that you created , I can give my knowledge after reading this

    particular article to friends, friends of my family . visit my website which is a

    topic with your website .
    Pengobatan Herbal Paru Paru Basah
    Obat Paru Paru Basah
    Obat Paru Basah Alami
    Obat Herbal Paru paru Basah

    ReplyDelete